Mr James do you mind to tell us the reason behind this

Forum rules
To post on the forum please PM James Dahl for posting rights. This is sadly necessary due to spam bots.

Mr James do you mind to tell us the reason behind this

Postby Fuadgarase » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:53 am

Hi James,

I hope I am not disturbing you but my curiosity Drove me to ask you the reason behind this for you to believe some Somalis Y-STR paternal lineage test valid and others dubious like this two links below:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... tOFE&gid=6

Habar Yonis with Haplogroup T no doubt

Habar Awal with Haplogroup E1b1b1a1a no doubt
Isaaq with Haplogroup T no doubt

And

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreads ... tOFE&gid=7

Warsangeli with Haplogroup J1 written Dubious

Majeerteen with Haplogroup J1 no doubt
Majeerteen with Haplogroup J1 no doubt
Marehan with haplogroup J1 no doubt
Marehan with Haplogroup E1b1b1a1a no doubt

Although I have seen other Isaaq who have different Haplogroup also Darod people who have different Haplogroup, does that mean there alliance among Isaaq clans and also Alliance among Darod clans like there are Darod people who are not Darod by bloodline but by Alliance as they have different haplogroup and as well there are Isaaq people who are not Isaaq by bloodline but by Alliance as they have different haplogroup, or it is unreliable information when it comes to parental lineage as DNA can be mutated after constant intermarrying with the Dominant DNA.

Thank you.
Fuadgarase

Re: Mr James do you mind to tell us the reason behind this

Postby James Dahl » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:56 am

Dear Fuadgarase,

It's not dubious because Somalis can't have a J1 haplogroup, because some do. There were suspicious things about the dubious results heheh. J1 and J2 haplogroups do exist in Somalia but they are very rare, less than 1% of the population, probably mostly Shaanshi and old Himyarite families like the Reer Fiqi.

The Y chromosome is not affected by intermarriage, it is passed along the paternal bloodline and is only be altered by random mutations.
James Dahl
Site Admin

Re: Mr James do you mind to tell us the reason behind this

Postby Fuadgarase » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Mr James,

So basically you are saying those of Darod, Hawiye, Dir or Isaaq who haven't Haplogroup E1b1b1 and have either haplogroup J1 or haplogroup T is a part of alliance or confederation but they don't belong to that tribe by bloodline as the majority of those tribes haplogroup is E1b1b1.

Maybe you are right on this occasion as myself I believe Somali tribes of Darod, Hawiye, Dir or Isaaq they exist by alliance and confederation not by bloodline, although my belief is not the fact it is just a believe and I am open for any other suggestion, with a solid proof or which is a reasonable.

Somali tribes used to confederate ano another because their way of life as the most important livestock of their is the camel and they used to loot each other for centuries, so the weaker tribe must confederate with other strong tribes to protect their livestock and there is no tribe immune on that way of confederation although some do more confederation than others and some totally they are related by blood line but they exist out of confederation through centuries believing now as they are related by blood line.

Than what is you answer on those who have different haplogroup than majority of their tribesmen?.
Fuadgarase

Return to General Discussions