HISTORY OF SHEIKH ISAAQ IN ARABIA AND SOMALILAND ??

Forum rules
To post on the forum please PM James Dahl for posting rights. This is sadly necessary due to spam bots.

HISTORY OF SHEIKH ISAAQ IN ARABIA AND SOMALILAND ??

Postby isaaqwonderkid » Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:40 am

HI CAN ANYONE CARE TO EXPLAIN TO ME THE HISTORY OF SHEIKH ISAAQ THE CLAN FOUNDER OF THE ISAAQ CLAN ?

AND I ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW WHY DID HE ARRIVE IN PRESENT DAY SOMALILAND ?

WHAT WAS HIS HISTORY BACK IN ARABIA WHAT COUNTRY DID HE COME FROM ?

HE HAD ANY SIBLINGS ?

JUST OVERALL HISTORY AS I DONT KNOW MUCH ??

THANKS
isaaqwonderkid

Re: HISTORY OF SHEIKH ISAAQ IN ARABIA AND SOMALILAND ??

Postby James Dahl » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:48 pm

It's difficult to say really, all we really know about Sheikh Isaaq is that he lived in the 14th century.

According to legend he came to Somalia from Iraq, and according to the same legend he is descended from Huseyn ibn Ali and is a Sayyid. If this were true though, genetic tests would show a very recent common origin with other 'Adnaani Arabs from Arabia, which thus far has not been shown to exist, casting doubt on this legendary origin.

Another tradition states that Sheikh Isaaq is the inheritor of the legacy of Sheikh Yusuf al-Kawnayn, a saint of the north. Sheikh Yusuf's genealogy is virtually identical to that of the legendary one that is attributed to Sheikh Isaaq, however the traditions say that the two men were not related, so perhaps people have become confused over time.

At the moment the origin of Sheikh Isaaq is unknown.
James Dahl
Site Admin

Postby isaaqwonderkid » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:38 pm

ALRIGHT THANKYOU VERY MUCH FOR THAT INFORMATION

SO WHAT DID THE DNA GENETIC TESTS SHOW PLEASE ?

AND WHAT DNA TESTS CAN BE TAKEN TO PROVE MY ISAAQ ORIGIN WHETHER IT IS ACCORDING TO LEGEND OR SOMETHING ELSE BECAUSE THE ADNANI DNA MIGHT FADE AWAY OVER TIME DUE TO INTER MARRYING OVER THE CENTURIES ?

AND IF THEY WERE RELATED ( SHEIKH ISAAQ AND SHEIKH KAWNAYNE) IT WOULD BE HIGHLY UNLIKELY SINCE THEY LIVED AT DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE SAME CENTURY RIGHT ?
isaaqwonderkid

Postby isaaqwonderkid » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:38 pm

ALRIGHT THANKYOU VERY MUCH FOR THAT INFORMATION

SO WHAT DID THE DNA GENETIC TESTS SHOW PLEASE ?

AND WHAT DNA TESTS CAN BE TAKEN TO PROVE MY ISAAQ ORIGIN WHETHER IT IS ACCORDING TO LEGEND OR SOMETHING ELSE BECAUSE THE ADNANI DNA MIGHT FADE AWAY OVER TIME DUE TO INTER MARRYING OVER THE CENTURIES ?

AND IF THEY WERE RELATED ( SHEIKH ISAAQ AND SHEIKH KAWNAYNE) IT WOULD BE HIGHLY UNLIKELY SINCE THEY LIVED AT DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE SAME CENTURY RIGHT ?
isaaqwonderkid

Postby James Dahl » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:01 pm

It's hard to say really, I don't think at this point in time any certain facts can be derived from DNA testing since not enough data exists for conclusions to be drawn.
James Dahl
Site Admin

Postby isaaqwonderkid » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:24 pm

OH ALRIGHT THANKYOU, SO IF I TAKE A DNA TEST WHICH IM INTERESTED IN TAKING, WHAT RESULT SHOULD I GET TO DETERMINE THAT I HAVE ORIGIN WHICH FOLKLORE CLAIMS ISAAQ TO HAVE ?
isaaqwonderkid

Postby James Dahl » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:19 pm

Well the traditional account is that Isaaq is descended from Imam Xuseen, so you would expect to have a paternal haplogroup similar to other Banu Hashim.

It seems to be that the Banu Hashim are members of the J1 haplogroup with the L222.2 SNP mutation.

There are less than 0.1% of Somalis with this
James Dahl
Site Admin

Postby isaaqwonderkid » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:06 pm

MAYBE ITS 0.1% BECAUSE ONLY A FEW ISAAQS HAVE BEEN TESTED AND NOT ALL ?
isaaqwonderkid

Postby missa2017 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:21 am

We have some, even though most of the books are lost, but Sh. Is-haq left behind many books. I was told the military regime of Ziyad Barre which hated the Is-haqis confiscated almost all the books that were in the Sharif's shrine in Mait and destroyed them. I have the document (moshajarah ( المشجرة ), the family tree for the Sheikh witnessed by the imam of Yemen about over a hundred years ago.

So it's a legend but that is what we know and as you know we all memorize the nasab and it's important in Islam to memorize and keep your nasab. So people must stop writing things that they do not know anything about. If a stranger asks who is your father and you told them who is your they must accept that. They must not say to you, you are wrong but your father is so and so.

Some people they do this just because of hate. Why you hate the Is-haqis! What they did to you! Even in there meeting Djibouti where they created a new temporary government based on clans, they have to include the Is-haqis with the Dir, for mainly two reasons, first they don't want to exclude the Is-haq as the Is-haqis were not really participating in this conference but they thought if they include them into this setting, it will be considered a recognition of Somaliland, at the same they don't want them to give their full entitlement and status as a major clan represented in the parliament with 75 members. That will give a power to a group that basically has no base. So they have to come up with this idea of including them into the Dir. Now many people including non-Somalis who do not know the history, see the Is-haqis as a Dir clan. You can go back to history books and all the things written about people in present Somaliland and you will not find any thing associating the Is-haq to Dir. You will see the major clans or tribes in Somaliland in history books and government (British government) documents are Is-haq, Dir and Darood. You will find Issa and Gadabursi under Dir and Dhulbahante and Warsengeli under Darood, and Is-haq by itself.
missa2017

Postby bill wajeer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:01 pm

no genetic evidence to support Ishaq clans are Arabs just like the other somalis so if he is not Dir then not an Arab
bill wajeer

Return to General Discussions