Isxaaq

Include your ancestry in the project, and post your abtirsi.
Forum rules
To post on the forum please PM James Dahl for posting rights. This is sadly necessary due to spam bots.

Isxaaq

Postby Qabalee Hayaa » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:31 am

Hello James,

I have just stumblled on this sight and I think it's amazing, thought one thing disturbed me and it is the following:
''
Shaykh Isaaq Axmed Maxamed al-Ridhawi
Died: 1349 buried in Maydh, Sanaag, Somalia

Sheikh Isaaq has often been given an Arabian lineage but recent genetic studies have shown this to be unlikely.

Father: Axmed (Idoor) Maxamed Xanaftire

Possible Father (paternity controversy): Madaluug Maxamed Xanaftire''

PLEASE CAN YOU ERASE THE UNDERLINED BECAUSE IT IS DISRESPECTFULL.

A side from that I have a question about my abtirsiin which buzzled me for quite a while now:
I'm Ugaadh abokor of sacad muse from the Isxaaq clan, and my question is frankly how come all the names in my abtirsiin upto Ugaadh abokor are all Somali names and all the rest from there on onwards to Isxaaq and beyond are all Arabic? In your Opinion what do you think has made that happen?

I would've thought that it should've been the other way around since the Arab influence of the Somali culture was in the latter parts of the somali history.

And I know I'm not the only with this kind of abtirsi quite the case for a number of somali freinds of mine ( of different clans) is the same.

My abtirsi:

me

somali name
somali name
somali name
caafi
kaliil
bare
xildiid
xoosh
ugadh (this is where the somali names end)
abokor
isxaaq
sacad
muse
zubar abdirahman(awal)
sheikh isxaaq
bin ahmad
etc etc
Qabalee Hayaa

Re: Isxaaq

Postby James Dahl » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:40 pm

I have removed the nickname, I meant no disrespect.

Somalia became gradually more politically isolated from the Arab world starting around 1500, this may correspond with a gradual decrease in the use of Arab boy and girl names in favor of more local names, or perhaps the opposite, a gradual increase in the respect given to the Somali language over time, sort of how Norman French names slowly gave way to native English names and the English language in Britain over the centuries.
James Dahl
Site Admin

Re: Isxaaq

Postby Amin_Q » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:20 pm

hey Qabalee Hayaa,
are you sure you guys are not arabs and you are a descendant of ahmed?
Amin_Q

Return to Post your Abtirsi