corrections to dankale dir

Please point out incorrect or missing information.
Forum rules
To post on the forum please PM James Dahl for posting rights. This is sadly necessary due to spam bots.

corrections to dankale dir

Postby Historyguy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:39 am

i have a source showing a few descendants from dankale dir, one son who i think might be a lost tribe ( name fits) don't know if you will add it or not, do u want to see the source??

Danqaalo/dankale/ dir is not a direct descdeant of dir, but they are both from AJI.

AJI

then Dir and Dankale as siblings.

In the past MIDGAAN PEOPLE used to refer as anyone not from midgaan ( hawiye something) as AJI, lol :lol: but only two groups abtirsi to aji danqale and dir.

there is also a famous somali saying that goes "aji iyo ajuraan" indicating the two noble clans, aji of the north and ajuraan of the south.

Have you heard of the original and oldest somali law and legal system? It was called Xeer Aji

original somali CULTURE and the oldest is called DHAQAN AJI ( Culture of Aji)

Dir is the least known about on your site, and i will educate the masses of what is missing when i feel like it :lol: this new addition i think u will enjoy, because it might trace some afar people into the samaale thing.
Historyguy

Re: corrections to dankale dir

Postby James Dahl » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:11 am

I've heard of such a thing (Afar traced to Samaale) I would be curious to see such an abtirsi. :D
James Dahl
Site Admin

Postby Historyguy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:39 am

Here is the source, Though some opinions have Danqaale as a subclan of Dir, either way they are both REER AJI the noble people. Some Danqaale subclans, does it match up with anything else you've seen?
Children of Dankaale/Digaale - Aji- Irir

Sons of Aji

Dir and Digaale/Dankaale

Son of Digaale/Dankaale

Madiinle and Mogoosiile

Son of Madiinle

Waaqle and Diinle (Reerdiinle?)
Historyguy

Postby Historyguy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:04 pm

Again this is not my thoughts, but a source I found online, the book might be inaccurate though ( as is my guess)
I am 100% sure of dankaale being aji ( or dir whichever) but there's a few ajuraan similarities in this dankaale abtirsi :?

, is this why they say aji iyo ajuraan as well :? it is confusing to say at the least

after a google search of some of the subclans i found a topix post saying

the samaale xarla tribe and madiinle ajuuraan the samaale tribes of the west fled from oromo revenge like cawramale,digoodi,gaaljecel,xa waadle

So i started thinking is some dankaale ajuraan?? wtf after checking out ajuraan abtirsi on your site i found two of the subclans mentioned in the source

Father: Beidan Ajuran Aqil
Children born by ???
Waqlei Madale Beidan
Beile Madale Beidan
Kumatte Madale Beidan
Madinle Madale Beidan

So this could be the same waaqle and madiinle :? or just name similarities. interesting enough when you contuine on with the subclans of waaqle u find

Nur Waqlei Madale
Urmidik Waqlei Madale
Gidir Waqlei Madale
Daworo Waqlei Madale
Bihan Waqlei Madale

Dawaro was a jaarso kingdom in ethiopia so how did some random ajuraan subclan get the name?? Maybe they were assimilated into ajuraan?? Waaqle and Madiinle??

more questions lol
Historyguy

Postby Historyguy » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:13 pm

My current guess is either the source is all wacko

or some dankaale became ajuraan .
Historyguy

Postby James Dahl » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:35 pm

Could be, though similarity of names is not always a good way to judge since that name could have been a common name a millennium or two ago. I have added these descendants of Digaale.

Doombira, the wife of Daarood, was Digaale, it could be though that she was a daughter not of Digaale but rather one of his sons or grandsons. That could be an interesting line of inquiry.
James Dahl
Site Admin

Return to Corrections, Additions