Mahamed "Madhiban"

Please point out incorrect or missing information.
Forum rules
To post on the forum please PM James Dahl for posting rights. This is sadly necessary due to spam bots.

Mahamed "Madhiban"

Postby Truth » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:36 pm

My name is Abdullahi. I belong to the Madhibaan clan from Hargeysa (Somaliland) and I would like to correct you on the idea that Madhibaan are Maxamed Gorgaate. This is the first time I am hearing such a thing. My abtirsi goes back to Muse Diriye, like most Madhibaan people but we are a confederate clan with different origins, a small group of Madhibaan claim to be Mahamed Gorgate and others claim to be different things originally like Kulibeer Majerteen Darod, some are Habar Yoonis Isaq, some are Marehan Hawrsame Darod that were kicked out from Somalia a long time ago but together we are all a confederacy called Madhiban which means the people who don't do wrong. After Madhiban we don't go up to anything else because it is our umbrella. Can you correct this please because we all share the Madhiban name and do not go up to Darod, Hawiye, or Isaaq.

I asked some elders about this and they agree with me that there is no single origin and we are all excommunicated people who came together.
Truth

Re: Mahamed "Madhiban"

Postby Truth » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:45 pm

I actually did some research with my elders and parents and they don't know anyone who claims to be "Mahamed Gorgate" in real life from our Madhiban clan so delete this stuff please and make us our own tribe. I will help you with all the "children" of the real Madhiban clan even though we don't like to share this information so more people can know about us.

http://www.abtirsi.com/view.php?person= ... irsiLang=1
Truth

Postby James Dahl » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:21 pm

Hey welcome,

It's true there are a lot of different groups that go into Madhibaan, and there hasn't been much research done so I don't have much to work with. Maxamed Gorgaate I know about only due to my research on Hawiye. I would love to hear from a primary source about how Muse Diriye descends to the modern clans of today.
James Dahl
Site Admin

Postby Truth » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:06 am

Hi

I am Muse Diriye, I have checked the abtirsi page and it still says we Madhibaan are Hawiye. This is incorrect informations, please respect us. Thank you.
Truth

Postby James Dahl » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:38 pm

You said you were going to tell me correct information haha, I was waiting for you :D
James Dahl
Site Admin

Return to Corrections, Additions