James add this to Sheikh Isxaaq's ancestry.

Include your ancestry in the project, and post your abtirsi.
Forum rules
To post on the forum please PM James Dahl for posting rights. This is sadly necessary due to spam bots.

James add this to Sheikh Isxaaq's ancestry.

Postby abuukarsubeer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:39 pm

First, this is important info to add on his discription:
Shiekh Isāq Bin Ahmed was one of the Arabian Scholars that crossed the sea from Arabia to the Horn of Africa to spread Islam around 13th to 14th century .

Shiekh Isāq descended from Prophet Mohammed's daughter Fatima. Hence the Shiekh belonged to the Ashraf or Sada (titles given the descendents of the prophet).

Sheikh Isāq married two local women in Somalia that left him eight sons. The descendents of the those eight sons are the what is known as Isaaq clan at the present time. However, the Shiek left other descendents in Yemen as well.

The origin of Shiekh Isāq was traced back Iraq. Researcher and groups such as AlAshraf concluded beyond doubt the origin and the history of Shiekh Isāq. This research was based on the old books and scripts as well as DNA tests carried out on some of his descendants.

Here is Sheikh Isāq's lineage going to Banu Hashim, it is important and beneficial if you add this to his Abtirsi.

1. Is'haaq

1. إسحاق

2. bin Ahmed

2. بن احمد

3. Bin Mohammed

3. بن محمد

4. Bin Hussien

4. بن حسين

5. Bin Ali

5. بن علي

6. Bin Mudhar

6. بن المطهر

7. Bin Abdalla

7. بن عبد الله

8. Bin Ayup

8. بن ايوب

9. Bin Mohammed

9. بن محمد

10. Bin Qasim

10. بن قاسم

11. Bin Ahmed

11. بن احمد

12. Bin Ali

12. بن علي

13. Bin Eisa

13. بن عيسى

14. Bin Yahya

14. بن يحيى

15. Bin Mohammed Al Taqi

15. بن محمد التقي

16. Bin Ali Al Hadi

16. بن علي الهادي

17. Bin Mohammed Al Jawad

17. بن محمدالجواد

18. Bin Ali Al Reda

18. بن علي الرضا

19. Bin Musa Al Kathim

19. موسى الكاظم

20. Bin Jafar Al Sadiq

20. بن جعفر الصادق

21. Bin Mohammed Al Baqir

21. بن محمدالباقر

22. Bin Ali Zainal Al Abiden

22. بن علي زين العابدين

23. Bin Imam Al Hussien

23. بن الامام الحسين

24. Bin Ali

24. بن على

25. Bin Abu Dalib

25. بن أبوطالب

26. Bin Abdulmuddalib

26. بن عبدالمطلب

27. Bin Abdulmanaf

27. بن عبدالمناف

28. Bin Hashim

28. بن هاشم
abuukarsubeer

Re: James add this to Sheikh Isxaaq's ancestry.

Postby James Dahl » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:31 pm

I have doubts about Sheikh Isaaq being descended from 10 of the 12 Shi'a Imams, to be perfectly honest. The genealogy seems to be an altered copy of the genealogy of Sheikh Barkhadle, who I am pretty certain wasn't a close blood relative of Sheekh Isaaq.

It's possible though, so I actually have the alternate genealogy there if you go to his father Ahmed Mahamed there's a link.

I think much as the genealogy of Arabs past Adnaan, we simply cannot know the genealogy of Isaaq past Ahmed Mahamed.
James Dahl
Site Admin

Postby Maxamed » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:29 pm

You have to question the intellectual capacity of some somalis. They read from some unreliable source(who usually have agendas to undermine the legitamacy of somali people) on the internet and whole heartedly without even double checking it against other sources or doing any relative research try to pass it off as some unwritten fact.

Sh.Isaaq was indigenous to the somali region. He might have possibly travelled in search of religious enlightenment to arab lands or he was most likely a student to the some islamic traveller trying to spread the deen in a time where somalia had trade/cultural relations with their semetic neighbours. But I would like to stress after hearing accounts from well learned somali elders that sh.isaaq and the other clan patriachs who have also been attributed with arab lineage were in all likelyhood from indigenous tribes which include; oromo/afar/soomaal who have same lineage but have branched out as a result of external influences. Soomaals became increasingly connected with arab culture with a shared commonality in the deen.
Maxamed

Postby James Dahl » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:28 pm

Sheikh Isaaq is a tricky issue because there are so many conflicting traditions.

The list above for instance says Ali Al Hadi (10th Shi'a Imam) son of Mohammed al-Jawad (9th Shi'a Imam) then Mohammed al-Taqi?

Do you know who Mohammed ibn Ali al-Hadi is? He died 7 years before his father Ali al-Hadi, while he was still a child. He cannot possibly be the ancestor of Sheikh Isaaq. He is in fact who the Muhammadite Shi'a believe to be the true "Hidden Imam", because there is so much evidence that Xasan al-Askari had no children.

However there is a different list of ancestors for Sheikh Isaaq which traces to Imam Hasan (the 1st Imam) rather than the 2nd and is virtually identical to that which Cerulli wrote down for Sheikh Barkhadle, as told to him by the tomb's guardians.

Then there is a third list (which I have been told is most reliable, and the one I have as alternate for Axmed Maxamed) which traces from Ali al-Hadi's son Abdullah al-Ja'far al-Zaki. This one IS possible, since Ja'far had many children, but this runs into the problem that his Syed laqab is wrong. People with the "al-Ridhawi" laqab are descended from Ali al-Hadi's brother, Musa al Mubarraqa. People descended from Ali al-Hadi have a different laqab, "al-Naqawi", so there are problems with that one as well.

The other noteworthy tradition is that Dir say that Isaaq is Isaaq Axmed Maxamed Xanaftire Mahe Dir, but this is a tradition that virtually every Isaaq will dispute as completely false.

I think this issue will only be resolved with genetic evidence.
James Dahl
Site Admin

Return to Post your Abtirsi